You can check current the status of DSM, scan the system, and check the scanning progress and result summary. Security Advisor scans DSM and your Synology NAS by checking a number of security rules. The number and types of rules depend on how you configure your Security Baseline. Your Security Baseline is determined by your needs. Are you using your Synology NAS for work and business or home and personal use? You will be asked to choose a Security Baseline the first time you start a scan. This can be changed later in the Advanced page.
Security Advisor has a total of seven statuses. Once a scan is finished, you will see a results summary across five categories. The different statuses include:
- Ready to scan: This status is displayed when you have not scanned your Synology NAS yet. Click Scan to start scanning.
- Scanning: A scan is in progress. You can view the the progress of the scan. Click Stop to stop scanning.
- Good: The current scan has finished. Security Advisor found no weak settings or security risks. Your Synology NAS is currently cafe.
- Warning: The current scan has finished. Due to some vulnerable security settings, Security Advisor reported some low/moderate security risks. You are advised to take the recommended actions to make your Synology NAS safer.
- At Risk: The current scan has finished. Due to some vulnerable security settings, Security Advisor reported some high security risks. You are strongly advised to take the recommended actions to make your Synology NAS safer.
- Danger: The current scan has finished. Security Advisor found malware on your Synology NAS. You must take the recommended actions to prevent any further undesired consequences to your Synology NAS.
- Out-of-date: Your DSM version is out-of-date. It is recommended you update DSM to receive the newest features, enhancements, and security fixes to to improve your experience and keep your Synology NAS safe.
Security Advisor groups checks into five categories:
- Malware: Detect whether malware exists on your Synology NAS and if your Synology NAS is under attack
- Account: Detect account and password security settings.
- Network: Detect network-related security settings.
- Settings: Detect other system-related security settings.
- Update: Detect whether DSM and other installed packages are up-to-date, as well as check update-related settings.
Once a scan has finished, you can view detailed results on a report-by-report basis by clicking View Results.
If you need help with Security Advisor in any way, please contact us.